Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lost in the Cosmos, but found in London


Well dad, I have finally started it - half way through it actually - "Lost in the Cosmos" (Walker Percy). I believe you lent it to me just about exactly 10 years ago. I have moved more times than I can count (due, most certainly - the counting I mean - to a mild indulgence of wine while strolling through London) but have always known exactly where I placed this book (lost all of my CDs - but thank God I have 120gb of pirated tunes). I did not know why until now. For those who have read it, I need not explain. For those who have not... I hope, down the road, this book finds you well.

Dad, I can say this - Fantastic! I have not been introduced to a "sign" in quite some time. Strange. What Percy is explaining, in my case anyway, is happening in the present tense - because of the book.

Hope to see you all soon.

Cheers from London. (that is Big Ben by the way)

4 comments:

Spamrod said...

No, I am not waiting to see if people comment. Well... Just wanted to ask if someone could put this on the books list. I do not know how. Thanks.

Martha said...

Guess I know what my next book will be.

Cy, how are you liking London anyway? Pretty cool that you are there.

Anonymous said...

Cy it is so refreshing to have you on this blog. When you get a chance, you should get "Signposts in a Strangeland". It is a volume of Percy's essay on all sorts of things. I think you would like it.

I also love the fact that we were both posting book recommendations at the same time.

Maureen said...

Guess this book will be replacing my next murder mystery. Let you know how I like it,thx!!