Monday, August 06, 2007

This is What It's Supposed to Sound Like


Just found out that Tommy Makem has died at 74 (that's him above with Liam Clancy). The Clancy Brothers & Tommy started the Irish Music thing back in the early '60's. I saw them at Carnegie Hall in 1964. Check the link below for a bit of nostalgia.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hofeQ-Tbpc

Nice little bit of "wella wella"

Also here's a great rendition of the Irish Rover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au30c9ZMIPg&mode=related&search=
A Hail Mary for Tommy if you please

2 comments:

KBB said...

I thought you sounded pretty darn good....considering how long it's been since you picked up a guitar.

Do you know that your music played part in my falling for you all those years ago? I recall Luz saying to me ( after we became engaged) that I would never have a sad day as long as I had you "making music" for me.

I "grew up" with your music. And the older kids "grew up" with your music. And now there's an entire generation waiting to hear their Poppy play!

Tienes la toca,my dear. Please play more for us.

storminomahoney said...

Yes, please.