Tuesday, June 06, 2017

I had a farm in South Salem

A garden actually. One I've only been looking forward to my entire adult life. And with our fortress of a fence no furry #$%*ers can get to any of it!

I have 4 types and 36 kale plants. I think that's fitting. Also 4 types of lettuce a million of them, tomatoes, onions, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, radicchio, kohlrabi, green cabbage, savoy cabbage, swiss chard, carrots, radishes, beets, and from seed I've started cucumbers, squash, zucchini, and eggplant. And a separate potted herb garden. You see why this brings me such happiness.

Thank you, Dad, for everything you have taught me so far! And for the worm castings.




Chad dug two beds and planted wildflowers. A little romance for the garden and a fine source for cut flowers.


These are Dad's seed strips! Beets, carrots, and radishes. How cool is that? Round two before I covered them with soil. Next to round 1. Everything is bigger now.

5 comments:

KBB said...

Dad said, "Wow! Mary's garden is beautiful."
And, yes it is :)
So impressive, Mary. Good for you!

The Captain said...

Que Manifique!!

storminomahoney said...

Color me jealous!

catherine said...

Awesome! Since I'm halfway between you and dad, I can just go back and forth😉

Lisette said...

Sipping kampucha, picking you kale, snipping your wild flowers, wearing your bandana (we are working on the styling of this, yes?). You are so hip, sis!