Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Oh alright, I'll post some more pictures of the garden.

People, when something makes you as happy as this garden makes me, you must share. So share I shall.  Look at the wild flowers. I do believe those tall guys are sunflowers! That should be quite a site soon.

So. Much. Kale. 
To the right are yet to be planted blueberries and black raspberry bushes.

Poorly taken photo, but good angle on the onions. I'm harvesting tender spring onions daily and waiting on the in between onion bulbs to form. They're getting big.

English cucumbers growing up Dad-made trellises. And a close up of a baby.


Chad's kale! He planted it from seed over the winter. I feel like Mom calling MY old bedroom Chad's room. But it is Chad's tuscan kale. And it's beautiful.

The glorious results of Dad's seed strips. Carrots, beets, and radishes (now gone by). The raw baby beets are so delicious. 

Tomatillos, baby. Only small blossoms so far. Who knows when they'll come in. But pretty to look at up the trellis. And I waged a short winning war on the striped potato beetles that lay their nasty larva which carry their own poop on their backs. I wish I got a picture of the nastiness before drowning the lot of them in soapy water.

Peppers, hot and sweet. Waiting for them to turn RED.

Another view. Ahhh.

Zucchini.

Somewhat phallic shot of squash.

Indeterminate. I'll say. These tomatoes are easily 10 feet.

Savoy cabbage

Pedicure

The end.



For now...

2 comments:

The Captain said...

Fantastico!!

KBB said...

What a magnificent display. Even the toes :)
Truly beautiful, Mary