Sunday, July 15, 2012

I love these moments.

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but for some reason, the blog hasn't been working for me!  This is also why I didn't wish Maggie a happy birthday last week.  Anyhoo, there was this huge storm a month ago during which Maggie and I were talking about rainbows and why she had never seen one. I explained that they are somewhat rare to see and I had only seen a handful myself, and after all, she was only 4.  Then I told her about the one time I saw a double rainbow at St. Adalbert's and how the whole class was outside looking at it 'cause it was so cool.  As the storm shifted, she looked out the window and shouted, "A rainbow!!" She was rediculously excited...I love kids. So we went outside to get a better look and she literally squeeled, "A DOUBLE A DOUBLE!" Sure enough, my second double rainbow.  Grandma confessed she had never seen a double to which Maggie replied, "and Grandma's pretty old. I'm only 4 and there's my first!"  It's one of those things that just happened and felt providential (to quote Anne of Green Gables), but it was also very special, and no, I don't care if I sound corny.
p.s the higher rainbow got brighter after this picture :)

8 comments:

Lisette said...

Not corny! It's sweet :)

And Anne of Green Gables was on last night. SOBBING when Matthew died.

KBB said...

Maggie's excitement about things is so fun to watch!
I'm glad you took the picture and posted about this.
I have NEVER seen a double rainbow and you can tell Maggie that I'm NOT too old - yet - to hope for one:)

Lisette said...

Anne of Green Gables is on again. Matthew just bought a garden rake, 20lbs of brown sugar, and a blue dress w puff sleeves for Anne.

Crying again.

Anonymous said...

Nope, there is absolutely nothing corny in these here parts.

storminomahoney said...

hahahah, Lisette!

I can't wait for Maggie to be old enough to watch too.

Martha said...

Sweet sweet. And I want to watch Anne of Green Gables again!

catherine said...

Nobody told me!!

Lisette said...

Anne walks into the barn in her blue dress.

Matthew: "I should have waited until Christmas, but I thought you might want to wear it to the ball"

Anne doesn't say anything. Matthew looks sad as only Richard Farnsworth can.

Matthew: "Don't you like it?"

Anne: "Like it? It's more exquisite than any dress I could ever imagine."

(cue music)
(cue tearing up)

Matthew smiles as only Richard Farnsworth can.

(cue crying)

Matthew (pointing to the dress): "Puff sleeves"

"Puffiest in the world. You are a man of impeccable taste, Matthew"

(cue sobbing)