Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mr Gorbachev...



No turning back now


It begins...


 You can't see the hammer but I took the first swing!
                                                                    Here you can see that the pass through window was originally a door


                                                        The wall is down!

And, along with the wall, our cozy field kitchen is gone ): replaced by a cavernous space behind my cooking station. Oh! And all the outlets are also gone. Yikes!

After clean up?  I will later post our new temporary space - cavern and all.


PS. This taken just a few minutes ago.  Bagels for Dad and Johnny

7 comments:

Mars said...

The passthrough was originally a door?? What, for a small person?

So cool!!

KBB said...

I don't think it was for a small person. What you see in the photo is only part of the top - we think it may have been for a pantry? And maybe our sitting area was the original kitchen? Who knows!

Annie said...

Has anyone checked to see how Brent is doing with all of this?

KBB said...

He hasn't said...hahahaha.
I was thinking about him this morning, as the wall started to come down.
Wanted to tell him, "Brent, it's going to be OK" not b/c I really thought he would be experiencing any anxiety at all over the "change" but b/c telling HIM would alleviate mine.
:)

KBB said...

BTW: I'll post pics of new field kitchen tomorrow. Too dark today as we have no lights yet. Dad and I did sandwiches outside - really yummy - and no dishes to wash. Our first real "camp" meal since all this began.

Clare: thank you SO much for all your help. I miss you!
My favorite week of the year is over now. I should commiserate with Lisette; I know she would give me advice on how to cope.

Maureen said...

I can't believe there is a buried chimney there! Been dying for you to do this for years...and Cy,yes,even longer. Just like he originally told us the same in the gameroom.
Can't wait to help decorate and paint!!!!!

Shmalzy said...

So exciting! It makes me very curious to see what the kitchen originally looked like. Also, I wish there was some way to keep some of that exposed brick, it actually looks pretty cool!