Saturday, October 27, 2012

Almost there!

 This was the compromise we made with the cabinet knob:


                                                              
                                                         It's clear glass but...



                   ... the base is black so that when you look at it from in front, it appears black :)


                                                     This is the drawer handle


And THIS is what we look like with the countertop, installed yesterday.

                                 
                           Notice I put some plants on the sill.  Yay.  Color.  Underneath will all be tiled.

                   My favorite (and only) nook. I just love the bead board on the shelf where the cookbooks will be.


We're hoping that if it doesn't rain, Johnny can install the tile on Tuesday.  I've been given the job to place (as in mark on the wall) where the 11 glass inserts will be.  11.  Did you notice the number?

On Friday the electrician will come to get us "lit".  Have to wait for tile before we put in outlet covers, fridge, range and range hood.

And once all of that is done, the rest of the floors can be finished.


PS.  Dad still has lots of painting to do before the floors can be finished. The weather has held up this week so he's been putting lots of time into gathering all the leaves...and stacking wood.

I'm showing you this picture because I wanted you to see that we decided to continue the wider crown molding into the eating area.  You can see how the piece on top of the window matches what we have in the kitchen.

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Love the knobs mom.
Holy shit the counters!!!!!!!!

storminomahoney said...

It looks beautiful! And the knobs are great.
Maggie told me when we were there how nice she thought it was that you were thinking of your kids when you decided on how many diamonds to use :)

Lisette said...

I love, I love, I love this.

(Pride and Prejudice)

(Aloise?)

Annie said...

Beeeeautiful!!!

Shmalzy said...

I could not have parted with you, dear kitchen, for anyone less worthy.

(Yes, Lisette.)

It looks fabulous!