Monday, October 29, 2012

Color change or... I should have followed my instincts

Now that the tile is on, we realize we should have stayed with the original paint color; it matches perfectly and is just so much warmer.

Maureen was here not too long ago and mentioned it...just as I was thinking the same.  And she was the one who originally suggested the gray. 

Dad agreed.  He had grown to dislike the "tan" but says that now that the woodwork is freshly painted he's liking it again.

Me? I always liked the "tan".  I went with the idea of gray because I knew Dad wasn't happy with the tan.  But I always had reservations.

Still - if I had to change colors, I really like the gray we chose.

Dad.  He just bought a gallon of the gray earlier this afternoon.

I'm guessing we'll find some use for it....it is such a nice shade.

But I don't think we're sold on it for the kitchen anymore.

Tomorrow I'll post a picture of the tiled kitchen.  It's too dark in there now to capture how well the tan will go.  And how the gray just suddenly does nothing for the room.

PS  Annie : my cozy will be half way back :)

Well SCRATCH THAT!

Just after posting this Dad decided he wants to go ahead and finish with the gray - see what the final product looks like, especially since we still don't have lighting in the room.

So, we'll see.

But from what I'm seeing, the tile color is taking away from the gray - almost fading it.  
Of course the stove and hood aren't in yet...might make a difference looking at all that tile in that area.

So, we'll see. 


Took these pics; enough light in there so that you can see what I'm seeing. (Plastic on the counters make them look grayish btw)
Dad keeps talking about how "clean" the gray looks.
And I'm with him; give it a try, look at the whole picture when it's all done and...

we'll see. :)


The color in the other room appears much darker in the picture than it really is.



Dad said, "You're not going to let this go, are you?"

Not so.  I'm just waiting for all the power to go off...having fun with this.

And bugging Dad.

I should stop. 

6 comments:

Martha said...

I like the tan better, mom. :)

Annie said...

It's just too bad there are only two shades of paint to chose from.

Oh Wait.

Martha said...

Hahahahahahaha. Hahaha.

KBB said...


Hahaha, Annie!

The hardest part of the painting is the woodwork, which Dad has almost finished.
So "rolling" out the walls (in the gray) not so burdensome.

And Dad is right: we can't make a decision until everything is in place.

Again...we'll see :)

The Captain said...

Ephesians 5:21...

KBB said...

The walls are done; more and more I'm liking the grey.
Yay!