I was going to wait until the final reveal to post the new kitchen. But I then decided that That Post needed a post of it's own.
Dad installed the vent for the stove on Monday and he and Johnny have spent the last few days putting up the cabinets and measuring and measuring and measuring...and cutting and cutting and cutting...pieces for the crown molding, which was finally finished late yesterday.
This morning, before Johnny arrived, Dad and I put the shelves in the cabinets.
We can remove them and decide on just 3 instead of 4...and space them to different heights. But for now we have them all in; once everything is set to be put back together I'll have a better idea of how to place them.
Dad has also been busy painting. Here you see the new color ~"Stone"~ that we selected for all the rooms (includes the little hall). Dad has finished most of the trim in the eating area....still needs to tackle the hall.
And this is what we still walk into every day. I think the biggest inconvenience has been not having a table to set things on. Think anything you might want to set down: groceries, coffee mug to pour cream into; phone, etc.
And to show you what I mean: Just s short time ago I was getting stuff to make sandwiches. I had these items in my hand when I stopped to talk to Dad about drawer dividers I had seen on-line: I just naturally set them anywhere I could find space...and then did what I (what we) always do: looked around to see where they were. I had to laugh when I realized they were on the floor!
But the GOOD news I heard today is that the electrician (lights under the cabinets) and plumber are coming tomorrow so that by Friday - when the counter is installed, I may have a functioning sink and fridge! And BOTH will be in the kitchen :)
I'm not sure about the stove yet.
Once the walls are all painted in the eating area and hall, we'll get those floors done. And I think that's when Johnny will do the tile work, as we can't walk on the floors for 3 days..at least not until they dry by the end of every day.
So still some steps to go...but we really are finally coming to an end of the huge project.
YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment