Thursday, October 11, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel (remember, Leo?)

This is what the kitchen area looked like when I left to babysit Henry this morning; it's what the area has looked like for 2 weeks.  And before the Buri kiddies came to spend the wknd. 2 weeks ago, it pretty much looked this as well.
We cleaned up for the Buritos and have cleaned up again for Nora and her family, who are coming for a Martha's Party and a short visit. But the truth is that our kitchen area has been absolute havoc for weeks now.

Dad and I have learned to live with it, though.  Everything pertaining to cooking (which lately is mostly heating up) and eating meals has taken place in the dining room for weeks now.  We've become quite comfy there, found a new love for our dining room.  Dad even commented on the red fabric that always held back the drapes, saying it was OK for Christmas but maybe too bold for every day?   I listened..and now we have every day drapery tie-backs.

Anyway.  It's GOOD that we had this wknd of guests coming to do a clean up in the kitchen.  I'm guessing that a lot of what was strewn around (including many tools on the floor in the pantry) will no longer be needed for what has become a seeming endless kitchen renovation.

Besides, we're going to need room for the ~ wait for it ~ kitchen cabinets! which will be delivered ~ wait for it ~ next Tuesday!!! YAY!

The floor in the kitchen proper is done.  It will have one final coating after the floors in the other room are completed (and I'm not sure when that's scheduled), but that doesn't impede putting in the cabinets and drawers and stove and fridge.

Dad spoke to the counter place and they will be here a week from today to measure.  And a week after that ~ 2 weeks from today ~ they will be in laid down.

2 weeks.  Is that even real???????

PS  Before those 2 weeks roll around, I get to have fun ORGANIZING my kitchen.
How COOL is that :)






No comments: