I don't think I'd do this except Annie asked me to post pictures. And I'm kind of loving doing so!
This is in South Salem, NY. About half hour south of Danbury, so under 2 hours from Somers! And with the way we all drive...
That big Elm in the first picture is gone. It fell on the house during Hurricane Sandy. But after going up to visit yesterday for the inspection, Charlie discovered that the stump is his favorite part of the house. Plus the yellow bedroom he picked out if it could just be his own please please!
Dad, you should know that the ceiling in that yellow bedroom is covered with glow in the dark stars. Payback? Did you know there's a trick to getting them off without ripping the ceiling? A hair dryer! Information too little too late?
OK, one more thing. This place is on a lake with a beach!
No one more thing. That small building is a guest house. But to be prudent, we are going to keep our tenant for a while. But eventually we hope to kick her out so you all can come and stretch out and have no excuse to leave.









21 comments:
Oh Mary! It's beautiful!!!
You mean you have a tenant? I had planned that when your mother and I fight we'd take times going there to cool off.
I can't express how happy I am for you. It's perfect. Who wouldn't love this place?!
hahahaha Dad!
I am so so so happy for you five. It's just perfect. Perfect perfect. Congratulations! I want to help decorate! And when that bambino comes, Lucia and I want to come and camp out and snuggle and help. Please please.
Martha, yes please!!!
It is SO beautiful!!! I love everything about it. Congratulations Buris! I can't wait to see it in person!
Speaking of you seeing it in person. I'm hoping and praying you'll come and stay a lot in 2013 Aloise!
Wow! That place is awesome!!
Just noticed all the exposed ceiling beams. And I love the three season room. Is it glass and screen depending on weather? Or just screen?
Or just glass I meant.
And two fireplaces! Both working?
Congrats guys. I am very happy for all of you!!!
Mary ~
add a picture or 2 of your entrance; one of my favorite rooms in the house. Excuse me, YOUR house.
Duh, doi, DUH I love this house. Love it so so so so much! And not just a little bit jealous.
so beautiful! so much like sharon,ct!! I love it!!!
I want to be your first guest,haha.
so glad charlie gets his driveway now!!
I'm wondering if Mary will be growing kale next summer.
I'm counting on it, Dad!
My top choices for the first rendition of the vegetable garden: kale, lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, herbs.
Well then, I'll start some extra plants under lights in March (how about you, Ann?).
!!!!!
Post a Comment