I'm sure we are all in the same mental place after yesterday, and I wish I could be with you all to talk and hang out. I can't wait to see Mom this afternoon.
I just wanted to say that I'm so grateful we believe in God and that we have the awesome peace (the real sort of awesome) knowing these babies and brave teachers are, themselves, at peace.
And I also wanted to say that I can't stop thinking about the compassion and courage we humans are capable of. We can be so, so good, and we have so much to give. I wish everyone (myself very much included) tugged on our graces more.
Calling on some tender mercies, big time.
4 comments:
Amen, amen
Not an accident that it fell on the third Sunday of Advent. The one where we are told to rejoice. Lisette, beautiful post.
You thought this was "sappy" when I remarked on it at
Martha's; you had second thought about having posted it.
I must be attracted to sappy, then. Because I've read and re-read this post more times than you know.
It wasn't sappy at all, Lisette. All day I'd thought we should have something on here about what had happened, and kept checking to see if someone (who might know what to say, because I didn't) would post something. As predicted, someone else said it much better than I would have.
Post a Comment