You brought us to a halt when you were born ~ we simply had no idea what to name you.
Dad had looked at the calendar and seen that you were born on the Feast of the Chair of St. Peter. But we couldn't name you Peter
I was leaning towards Martha because of 2 Marthas I had known ~ one briefly and one during most of my childhood ~ when, to my surprise, Uncle Ron called me and said, "Martha comes to mind but I don't know why.", and I hadn't said anything to Ron about the fact that I was thinking about that name all afternoon.
So between Martha and St. Peter, we came up with Martha Grace.
Or Martha Chair. Or Martha Face. Or Mrtyle. Or Mrtyle Malone.
So there you have it, the history of how you came to be named Martha.
And Happy Birthday to you and ALL of your names :)

11 comments:
Happy, happy birthday!
Happy birthday Martha!!
Happy Birthday beauty!
Happy Birthday, Myrtle.
Happy Birthday Marty!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday!!
happy birthday martha!!!!
Happy birthday! Hope it's a good one:)
Happy birthday, Martha!
Happy birthday!!! I love you so, so, so much!!!
Thank you everyone! :)
Post a Comment