Thursday, April 25, 2013

My little Iranian Hostage Crisis experience


Maureen was telling us how much she and her family enjoyed the film,"Argo"; I hadn't realized it was out yet but found it and got it for Dad and me to watch last week.

When the Iran Hostage Crisis occurred there was no mention of the 6 who had escaped to the Canadian Embassy, for obvious reasons.   And I don't recall hearing about them so "Argo" was news to me all the way around.

Anyway, when the hostages were released, I happened to be visiting Uncle Brent and Aunt Norma in VA. (with Nora in tow) and, yes, Norma and I made the trip to DC to witness their return to the US.


Somewhere I have a picture of the bus going by and a group of the hostages waving to the crowds but until I can find that picture, this one with Zeeker will have to do.

Note the yellow ribbons on both Zeeker and me :)

PS  I may be incorrect but I think the Iran Hostage Crisis was the advent of ribbon wearing for causes.

3 comments:

The Captain said...

Hmmm, WHO'S got that sheepskin coat???

KBB said...

That would be Catherine. And she's welcome to it; her first inheritance from me :)

catherine said...

Yup! I definitely have it and LOVE it. Thanks mom!