I have decided to get some chickens this Spring. I am going to need some help.
This is what they will look like when I get them:
Would you like to help me feed them? Oh, and you can also help me come up with some names for them.
When they get older they will look like this:
If you would like you can have a hen and I'll keep it for you, but you can have the eggs for your breakfast.
Hens can do some pretty funny things like shaking themselves:
Or like running races:
Or laughing:
Or even playing pool:
Anyway, I'll let you know when they're here and you can come over and help me. OK?
Love, Poppy
PS: I hope all your more distant cousins can help us too. They can each have a hen and we'll put colored leg bands on so everyone will know who's who's. And everyone gets to name their own hen. I expect a rather exotic name from Maggie, but Luca's name I'm really waiting for. The best part of a flock of hens is giving them treats and watching them.

9 comments:
I'm clucking over here.
Are you for real life getting chickens?!
Yup
Dear Poppie,
"YETHS PleaThS! They Playin'! They Floppin' ooh, and the yellinth! Are they gonna eat the wormths? Thiths gonna be FUN!"
Love,
Lucia
(And I quote)
: )
Oh. And she would like to name hers Poppy.
Ahahahaha, Lucia's quote got me good.
Dad, you are forgetting you promised to name the first chicken after me.
Lucia, you're too cute. This is awesome, Maggie's excited; she would like a white one, please :)
dad,you're crazy!!! Lucia, the lisp gets me every time :)
Hahaha Lucia!
Luca has suggested, off the top of his head:
Clucksly
Eggeson
Heneman
I don't know about that. He's busy playing on my phone. But he did spell them for me, so I think he's sticking with them. Sorry to disappoint.
Well, how about:
Winslow Clucksly III? III is so "Little Lord Fontleroy" and goes with Clucksly.
Post a Comment