Tuesday, March 04, 2014

G Love


Yesterday I was feeling overwhelmed about work and school and stopped over Annie's to have a little cry. Annie said, "Don't worry about the nurse, she is the nicest person ever." I said I didn't want Leo to see me upset and she said, "He's the nicest person too."

So we sat at her kitchen table, Annie got me a glass of water and a gluten-free chocolate cupcake and we talked it out. I stopped crying and Annie went to do something, so I turned to the living room and Leo was on the carpet playing. He looked up, saw me and gave me a smile and a wink, like, "You're alright, kid," and went back to playing. It was one of the sweetest moments. I really don't think I'll ever forget it.

This might be a TMI post, but I just think this boy is one of the most special boys I know. And Annie. Man, if anyone can convince you to stop sweating the bullshit, it's that one. So I thought I'd share, and maybe I'll even give up sweating the bullshit for Lent.

8 comments:

KBB said...

God has a way of directing us towards those who can help us and oftentimes His timing is spot on.

It's up to us to listen well.

You experienced something good and timely when you were with these 2 G's. And now we have as well.

Your post is beautiful and one that is good for all of us. Grace does spread.






Mars said...

Not TMI. JE.

Anonymous said...

I love this post and I love the picture. One of the best of the year - just behind Thundersnow.

The Captain said...

Thanks, Lili

Maureen said...

love it,so much. and great picture

Mars said...

Good one Clare.

catherine said...

Hahaha Clare!

KBB said...

This really is such a good picture; can't stop looking at it...