Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I wasn't going to post any yucky kitchen photos but I do want to chronicle our re-do, so here is a current update:


This was Saturday afternoon. Dad took out the stove and realized that with extra tubing, he could move it around the corner (to eating area) so that we can use.
Sunday Clare and I worked on the back room, preparing floor and shelf space for food, dishes, etc.



 Yesterday Dad and Clare moved the fridge into
the other room and Dad spent the day removing
all the cabinet doors.  I emptied the cabinets above the
shelves and fridge, tossed most everything in the trash.
This is where we are now: what you see is what Clare and I still have to tackle.  Biggest decision is where to put everything in the back room; what will I be using most?  Lots of changing things back and forth but we're getting there.  Red bookshelf is going to be used for essentials such as coffee mugs, paper plates etc., spices, dishtowels etc. and I'm sure lots of that will change as we begin living without our kitchen and find out what we really need  on a daily basis. 
I'll be posting pics of the eating area once we have that set up.  

Tomorrow dishwasher and sink are gone as demolition begins.
We will have no running water for maybe 6wks. ~ our worst debacle. Dad has been racking his brain since Sunday, trying to figure out how best to resolve this. And I'm prepping to make lots of soups and crockpot meals so as to save on dirty pots and pans.

BTW/ we are definitely going with tiles on the floor :)


1 comment:

Maureen said...

lots of paper plates,plastic utensils. we had to get water and clean dishes in our bathroom forever,it seemed,when we went thru this!but yours is across the house!! ugh