A decorating question for all of you:
We still have to pick hardware for the cabinets and drawers.
We've gone back and forth on this and decided on knobs for the cabinets and handles for the drawers.
We've also decided on a black matte finish.
And now I wonder:
You know I love glass knobs (like the amber one's I had) and that I got this inspiration from Aunt Maureen's kitchen.
What would you think of glass (no color) knobs for the cabinets and black handles for the drawers?
A little sparkle in the kitchen (as will be the saffron glass inserts in the tiles), not as noticeable as you'd think, (Annie has them and I love the look), and less black to look at.
UPDATE:
You can see that, with the cabinet doors in place, we also have a whole lot of white!
PS. Spoke to Dad about the glass knobs. I didn't think he'd go for the idea but he surprised me by saying, yes, it might be nice.
And now that I see all that white....I'm wondering if a colored glass might not be a good choice?
What the heck. It's all easy enough to try out and then return, right?
8 comments:
My opinion ....glass or black knobs will both be very nice (loving the sharpness of black better)
But Personally I vote one or the other. I think the kitchen not huge...should be cohesive look to all doors. Really don't think you should pick both.
Vote black knobs on top..black handles on bottom
I think all black too. But play! You can return!
The cohesiveness is why I originally opted for all black.
It's also why I wondered about clear glass knobs...rather than color.
The clear glass won't (I think) interfere with the cohesiveness...but might just take away from all the black that will be present once the countertop is in.
EIther way....I am going to experiment and I DO value your suggestions so keep them coming :)
As well: I know it's a small kitchen, as far as the working area is concerned. What I have to keep keeping in mind is that, for all intents and purposes, it will also now be an open kitchen, which changes things.
Kitchen is coming along really nice
We picked the knobs.
I think you will all be pleased :)
I don't know about black. I'm liking the clear glass on white for a tone on tone look vs. black. Or what about stainless steel? With black counters and black appliances I think I might prefer a more subdued set of knobs and handles. I'll post a couple of pics. (see above!)
Well disregard my post!!!!
Hahaha!
No! It was a good post! I just happened to be surprised when I went to look at options: one of them just instantly worked.
Post a Comment