I'm not going to post pictures of the new kitchen; you're just going to have to come to see it yourselves.
Instead, here's a little blast from the past:
This is the first picture I have of our old kitchen. I remember it so well because I remember Aunt Maureen's visit just a few months after we moved.
Look at the details. The tape player sitting on the counter.
The brown everything. The curtains that came with the house; I hadn't changed them yet.
The paper towel holder. I had forgotten that I replaced the one that was hanging there; I had thought that putting a paper towel holder under the "window" was my idea. Hahaha!
We're still brown. And those curtains? OK: that was me. The original's were the same as in the kitchen. The blue one's I had (can't remember from where) and decided I liked them better than what was there.
We're white now. I have plenty of pictures of us being "white" but this one is pretty recent and shows some of the old kitchen.
And who can forget the old floor.
No. We don't look like this anymore.


4 comments:
The pepper mill!
That's the first thing I noticed too, Louise.
Martha!!! so cute!!
eww to all that brown! i remember we had all that too in THIS house.
Mom, it is super clear how crazy excited you both are for your new kitchen...who can blame you..FINALLY!
and it just takes my breath away. One of the most calming Kitchens i have ever been in
The can opener on the wall! And oh my gosh. Hello my little Lucia! I know that's weird for me to say about my own child looking like me, but holy cow. Anyway, the can opener on the wall!
Post a Comment