So I guess I'm not the best at keeping in touch with everyone and I'm really sorry for that. After talking with mom recently she suggested a blog post might be good to update you all on how I'm doing in Denver and I though it was a great idea.
As you may know, since I moved out here I've been living in a house with three roommates. This month I finally moved and got my own place at a great location just west of downtown. Its a studio so it's small but a pretty decent size for one person. Three years of living with three other guys can be quite exhausting so needless to say I'm really enjoying the solitude so far!
Work has really been picking up lately with the warm weather so I'm staying busy. I'm still contracting for a roofing company and although I'm not too fond of the labor, it's fun to learn so much about trade work.
My music is going well as of late. For the past six months I've been in the studio with Will recording a group album. It's been a very fun but long process. At the end of April we finally finished the recording process and its recently been sent off for mastering, which is the final step of polishing the tracks. I'm also in the process of creating the album art for it but once that's done, we are ready. We're planning to have a CD release party towards the end of July and there's also talks about doing a mini Colorado tour following the release. It's very exiting times for us now and I cannot wait to move on and make new material. But just to rub it in for some people (you know who you are) here's a picture of the studio I've had the pleasure of working in.
Like music, the art community in Denver is huge and I think I might have found my place in it. From work I often come into contact with old style wooden windows and I thought it might be cool to use them as a canvas for spray paint. I started playing around with it and got a technique down for making and using stencils. So far I've made about 7 or 8 pieces and I'm working up to an solid amount so I can do a gallery with a few buddies at the Denver art walk. I've sold a few and commissioned a few but I'm having so much fun doing it! You'd be surprised how great it is to search salvage yards and alleys for one of a kind windows to make art with. Mom insisted I post a few pictures so here's a few of my favorites.
This is the first commissioned piece i did.^
So all in all, I'm feeling good about where I'm at right now but i do miss home. I'm planning to make a visit around the 4th of July and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. Congratulations Ruscz's Buri's and Alegro's! I can't wait to meet the two new little ones. Love you all and see you all soon!
Brent
Oh and here's my new phone#/address
2733 w. 23rd ave apt. 8, Denver 80211
720-387-1486



8 comments:
Thank you, thank you, Brent. I love hearing about all you are doing. It is so exciting to have your own place. All that you are doing is so exciting. What a great summer it will be. Keep keeping us in the loop! Love you, babe, xoxo.
BRENT! That's what came out of me when saw your post.
OMG I miss you!!!
You sound great, my dear, and you know how happy that make me :)
Love your post and congrats on the studio apt., the album and your art.;
BTW/ contact Aloise b/c both she and Dave are planning a visit here in July and how fun to have the 3 of you here at the house :) :) :)
Wow, Brent! How great to get a taste of all that you're up to! THank you for this!!! I love the window art and i'm really excited for your music. And hello your own place must feel pretty good finally. Thank you for posting this and keep it coming, OK?
Brent!!! can i say how well you write??
Can't express how we all miss you. thank you SO much for posting this. i have seen your beautiful windows no FB (wow)
and your music endeavors are so exciting!!! Andrew dying to talk to you.
So cool you have your own place. REALLY hope you come this summer!!
I miss you, little brother. I'm glad you're finding your niche. I always knew you'd do well with your art and music. Please keep us posted. xo
Awesome! I love posts like this. Love you Duh xoxo
Good to hear from you, Brent. Like your "windows." Is this a method you devised?
Oh hullo, Thug! Faboosh post!
Yes, please explain how you do the windows. It all seems awfully complicated.
Post a Comment